About Gladstone Road Resource Centre
Gladstone Road Resource Centre, Northampton, is a community resource providing support and development opportunities for people with physical and/or sensory impairments. The Resource Centre’s offer support to enhance personal, practical and social skills, well-being and maintain links with local disability and learning & development organisations.
Gladstone Road Resource Centre is a fully accessible venue which offers the following facilities to their customers:
- Learning Suites
- Art, Craft, & Woodwork Studio
- I.T Suite
- Practice Kitchen
- Passive Exercise Equipment
- Relaxation & Alternative Therapies Areas
- Accessible showering
- Wheelchair accessible weighing scales
- Personal care support
- Salon/nail bar
- Restaurant & Snack bar
What we offer:
The service is offered on a temporary basis depending on how long ourselves and you agree it is required, we can provide long term support as well as intensive short term rehabilitation.
We aim to provide a range of sessions and activities such as: Local history through IT, teaching of basic IT skills, Art/Craft, Woodwork and many other staff run activities and sessions, which promote independence by encouraging choice and control, we offer support to enhance personal, practical and social skills.
We are a specialist team who can offer individual support by:
- Helping you to look at your life and what you want to achieve.
- Providing information on available services including Direct Payments & Individual Budgets.
- Access to specialised moving and handling equipment which are all maintained to a high safety standard and only used by staff that are fully trained.
- Offering personal development and learning opportunities.
- Assisting you to access other agencies to help you to achieve your goals and maintain a good quality of living
- Supporting you with issues like, benefits, housing needs, employment opportunities and social contact.
- Help is offered with assisting customers to access other agencies, services and maintaining their independence
- Help and support is given to go out into the local community and access places of interest.
- Support is given to help build confidence and prevent social isolation by ensuring inclusion
- Next Steps
- Should you require any further information about our service, such as cost etc, or you would like to come and have a look around to see if we could be for you.