Help me stay at home

Where To Go For Advice Or Support

Knowing where to go for advice and support when you need isn't always easy.  If you are looking for impartial advice here are some of the organisations that might be able to help you. also have an extensive list of charities and independent organisations that might be able to help you find the answer you are looking for.


Adults with a Disability

The Disability Living Foundation provide impartial advice, information and training on independent living. 

Scope can provide impartial advice to anyone with, or caring for, a disability.

Mencap offers advice and support to people living with a learning disability.

The Citizens Advice Bureau offers financial and legal advice for adults with disabilities

Older people And Dementia Services

The Alzheimer's Society provide a comprehensive list of what to look for when you are trying to find a care home for a loved one with dementia.

FirstStop Advice is an independent, free service for older people, their families and carers and gives advice on a range of housing and support options for older people, including care homes, sheltered accomodation and home care.